What is SeniorLife? I’m glad you asked!
SeniorLife is a two-fold ministry: we desire to serve both the senior community within Denton Bible Church as well as the greater senior community in the city of Denton.
- To the seniors of DBC we provide an environment in which our seniors can grow spiritually, serve faithfully, be exhorted, feel needed, and be loved.
- To the senior community of Denton, we are dedicated to sharing God’s Word and teaching it faithfully. We strive to befriend seniors, their families, and their caregivers, and let them to know they are supported by DBC.
Here are some of the things we do to accomplish this two-fold ministry:
- Bible study – 8:00 am every Sunday morning at DBC, special mid-week studies in the Fall and Spring
- Missions– both U.S. and international.
- Local Outreach– We have about 35 Bible Studies and Church Services that meet weekly all round Denton is almost every retirement community, assisted living, nursing home and rehabilitation center in Denton
- Service – nursing home visitation, choir concerts, lunches for Habitat for Humanity, dinner for International Students, home repair for Single Moms and Widows, and more
- Building Community – quarterly luncheons, day and overnight trips, and supper clubs, just to name a few.
- Providing Fellowship – game nights, “mystery meals,” road trips, and many other activities!